There aren’t many things better than homemade brownies … except HOMEMADE pot brownies with HOMEGROWN weed and ORGANIC ingredients! If you like delicious edibles that don’t even taste like weed, here’s my recipe for how to make the best pot brownies with all natural, good ingredients (that will either mellow you out or get you SUPER high depending on the type of bud you use).
Organic Sea Salt Chocolate Chip Pot Brownies Recipe
Total Baking Time: 40 min (5 min prep time + 10 min decarb time + 25 min brownie baking)
1 box organic brownie mix (I use Foodstirs Organic Salted Chocolate Chip Brooklyn Brownie Mix)
2 large organic cage-free eggs without hormones
⅓ cup organic virgin coconut oil*
3 tbsp water
¼ cup weed (once grinded)**
Raw sea salt crystals to taste
* Instead of vegetable oil (yuck!), I use organic organic virgin coconut oil which creates a coconutty flavor that transforms ordinary brownies into extraordinary brownies that taste JUST like an Almond Joy.
** See photo below for a visual reference of how much bud I use in this recipe.
Decarbing The Weed
Time: 10 min
When making anything cannabis-infused, decarboxylation is a KEY step which is necessary for activating the plant’s THC and CBD into working its magic. So, to get the max high out of your edibles and the biggest bang for your buck, it’s important to successfully decarboxylate your weed first.
Here’s how to successfully decarb weed in about 10 minutes in the toaster oven:
1. Find a nice, thick nug or two that will produce about ¼ cup bud.
2. Using a grinder or pulling apart the nug with your fingers, space out the weed on a parchment paper-lined tray that’ll fit in the toaster.
3. Cook at 250℉* for about 10 minutes or until the weed is golden brown and/or slightly green (or your toaster starts smoking).
* Depending on the power of your preferred cooking method (toaster or oven), the amount of time you spend decarbing your weed might be different. In the past, I tried doing it in the oven at 225℉ for 50 minutes. It definitely worked but I’m impatient so I prefer to do shit as quickly and effectively as possible… while being careful not to burn the weed and the terpenes within it by cooking it at too high of a temperature for too short of a time, of course.
Making The Batter
Time: 5 min
1. Dump the brownie box ingredients into a mixing bowl.
2. Melt ⅓ cup of organic virgin coconut oil.
- BY MICROWAVE: Place in a glass bowl or microwave-safe dish and zap it for 15 seconds. Stir until smooth.
- BY STOVETOP: Cook at low-medium heat for 1 minute. Keep stirring until smooth.
3. Add the eggs, melted oil, and water into the mixing bowl and stir ingredients until smooth.
4. Blend the decarboxylated weed into the batter and stir until everything is perfectly mixed.
Cooking The Brownies
Time: 25 min
1. Preheat the oven to 350℉.
2. Spray or rub a 9” x 9” pan with coconut oil so all edges, nooks, and crannies are coated to prevent any sticking.
3. Pour the batter into the pan and, once pre-heated, place in the oven.
4. Let the brownies cook for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick comes out dry.
Once you take the brownies out of the oven, immediately sprinkle some sea salt crystals on top. Feeling super salty? Salt boi that shit — otherwise 2 tbsp for the whole batch should do. Let brownies cool before cutting them into 16 pieces… then EAT!
I’m able to comfortably eat one full brownie at a time which produces a mellow high with the type of weed I use in this recipe. Depending on the strain of weed, amount of weed, and how successfully decarboxylated it is, your brownies can come out 10x lighter or 10x stronger than these. It’s up to you to make killer brownies or chiller brownies.
Let us know if you tried this recipe and what you thought. If you have any pot brownie making tips, drop ‘em in the comments below.
Save this post on Pinterest!